So we had great discussions at the Drunken Monkey (new venue). We had 2 new folks join us and talked about agile mindsets, six sigma and history of lean, how you recruit agilists, and some pitfalls in agile transitions. After some informal retrospecting, we are going to stay at Drunken Monkey for a while and shift to 7:45am and meet bi-weekly. Very much looking forward to the next meeting!
Great conversation on startups and lean startups this morning! Thanks for attending.
Thanks Eric. We had some great discussions. A recap for those who missed it. We talked about:
– Scrum vs Kanban (and Agile vs Waterfall)
– What do you want to get out of this group?
– How does UI/UX fit into the agile process? (see for more info: http://www.jeffgothelf.com/blog… )
– Rapid UX prototyping tools like Balsamiq, HotGloo, Sketch Flow, Twitter Bootstrap and UI prototyping in Powerpoint
– Where does QA fit into the agile process (and some common adoption patterns and pains)?
– Lean Startups
We’ll be meeting every Friday in October and use our last Friday to figure out a good cadence from there on. Looking forward to continuing some of the conversations. Let me know if you need more info on some of the topics.
Also.. I think my favorite quote from yesterday is “my customers’ enemy is a blank page”. Hopefully I can borrow that quote Jason as it is a great way to describe why we need lean startup approaches
Just saw a notice from the Tampa Lean Startup circle… there is a startup weekend coming to Tampa in Nov for more info http://www.meetup.com/Tampa-Lea…